Our offices will be closed on Monday 21st June for a company holiday. We are giving everyone the day off to say thank you for their commitment, dedication and hard work throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our offices will reopen as usual on Tuesday 22nd June.
The following document is intended to be a troubleshooting guide to ensure you are downloading your Supernova / Europa in the correct manner. Please check all aspects of this before contacting the technical support helpline.
1. Check your Serial (RS232) Cable. This should be the Seaward supplied serial cable. It will have a white tag, with the information printed. "For use with the following testers, both Up & Download Only, Supernova...." And on the other side the Part No. 194A919 or 44B113.
2. Are you using a straight through Serial connection, or is this via a Serial to USB adaptor. If so we can only guarantee that a USB adaptor supplied by us will work as this has been tried and tested with our cable. More information and purchase details for this adapter can be found at
3. Open or create a new database in PATGuard 3 select “Instruments” and then “Add a Test Instrument” using the icon.
4. At this point it is also advisable to click the settings button and ensure your options are set as below;
5. Select “Data Transfer” and “Download from Tester”.
6. Select the instrument from the dropdown box and then select the COM port. Select “Database” and then “OK”, at this point you will receive a message “Please start your transmission now”;