Shedding New Light On PV Panel Electrical Testing
The new Solar Installation PV100 from Seaward is the first dedicated multi-function electrical tester for solar panel installation.
The new tester carries out all electrical tests required by IEC 62446 on grid connected PV systems‚ eliminating the need for multiple test instruments for PV panel connection.
With the push of a button the new tester carries out the required sequence of electrical tests in a safe and controlled manner, avoiding the risk of contact with exposed live DC conductors.
Hand held and battery operated for maximum portability‚ the new PV100 comes complete with MC4 and Sunclix test leads for fast and safe connection to all standard PV modules and arrays to test earth continuity‚ insulation resistance‚ open circuit voltage and short circuit currents.
All required measurements are performed automatically and displayed clearly with confirmation of whether the test results are acceptable. The instrument will also compare the performance of multiple strings and indicate whether the open circuit voltage or short circuit current measurements deviate by more than 5%.
An AC/DC current clamp is provided for the measurement of operation currents and the complete test kit, including all test probes‚ alligator clips and adaptor leads is supplied in a convenient carrying case.
A special SolarCert Elements manual entry PC software program is also available for the recording of test data and the production of professional inspection reports and test certificates.
PV100 test features:
- Earth continuity measurement with lead null for test leads up to 10Ω
- PV string open circuit voltage measurement up to 1000V DC
- Automatic indication of incorrect voltage polarity with audible and visual warning
- PV string short circuit current measurement up to 10A DC
- PV array insulation test at 250/500/1000V
- Store up to 9 sets of measurement for string to string comparison
- Visual indication when string voltage/current measurements deviate by >5%
- Operational test up to 40A (using Solar AC/DC current clamp)
PV100 Solar Instalation Test kit comprises:
- Seaward Solar PV100 Tester
- 2 x 4mm test probes
- 2 x alligator clips
- 2 x MC4 test leads
- 2 x Sunclix test leads
- AC/DC Current Clamp
- Carry case
- Calibration certificate
- Quick Start Guide
- Support CD-Rom including instructional video