PAT Testing has changed...

View our 5th Edition PAT Testing webinar online today.

Find out more

Fire caused by faulty Bush washing machine

Following a washing machine fire at a flat in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service is urging people to check that their electrical products have not been recalled.

The washing machine – a Bush WM1270TVE - was the subject of a safety notice issued in May 2014, which stated that a component in the control panel could in certain circumstances overheat and present a risk of fire.

Crews from Broughton and Bletchley were called to the ground-floor flat and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a dry powder extinguisher to put out the fire and a fan to clear the smoke.

Station Commander Jeremy Williams said: "The washing machine started making strange noises, so the quick-thinking occupant turned it off at a remote switch. It started smoking, so she closed the doors, evacuated the flat and rang 999."

The product recall notice was issued by Argos and also listed on the Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service and Electrical Safety First websites.


PAT Guide Banner

Stay in the know
Sign up to our mailing list today to stay up to date with the latest industry news and information from Seaward.

I'd like to talk to a sales advisor

Our team of sales advisors are on hand to help you with any queries you have about our products.
;