PAT Testing is changing...

The new 5th Edition Code of Practice is here, stay up to date with the experts.

Find out more

Faulty tumble dryer causes domestic fire

A couple who lost everything when a faulty tumble dryer sparked a blaze in their home, are backing a new electrical safety campaign.

Part of the residential property in Kingsbury, Warwickshire had to be rebuilt after the fire caused by an electrical fault in a tumble dryer caused a serious fire.

At the time of the fire, the family was unaware her tumble dryer had been recalled, as the machine seemed to function normally, leaving them no cause for concern.

While the financial and emotional stress has been immense for the family, they know that the situation could have been much, much worse if the tumble dryer had been switched on before and left unattended.

They are now supporting Electrical Safety First's campaign to encourage everyone to do everything they can to look after themselves and their families, including registering any electrical product and keeping an eye out for recall notices. Story here

Apollo 400 PAT tester

Stay in the know
Sign up to our mailing list today to stay up to date with the latest industry news and information from Seaward.

I'd like to talk to a sales advisor

Our team of sales advisors are on hand to help you with any queries you have about our products.
;