· Member of firmware and software development team within the Engineering function at Seaward Electronic.
· To work on New Product Development, helping release world class products under Seaward, Rigel Medical and OEM brands, as part of Seaward’s exciting product roadmap.
· Support Engineering team and product management colleagues globally to ensure customers of released products receive excellent service.
· Contribute to the engineering team improvement targets.
· Developing new products and technology, and also supporting current products.
· Mentoring early career engineers to help develop their career roadmaps and increase their skillset and experience.
· Managing work load to ensure delivery to defined time, cost and quality objectives.
· Supporting customers who might benefit from company products or services and maximising customer potential.
· Supporting other departments such as operations, commercial and category management as required.
· Planning projects, tasks and completing of all administrative tasks effectively and efficiently.
· Developing long-term relationships with key suppliers and consultants.
· Deliver updates and project presentations to all stakeholders, including to board level as required.
· Participating in training, conferences and trade shows, and keeping up to date with latest relevant technology and product markets.
· Embrace and champion the Seaward family values:
o Dynamic Environment : We operate in an ever-changing, energetic and moving environment. We are busy, flexible and fun. We embrace change, learning and supportive collaboration – and we work together to achieve a common goal.
o Engaged Staff : We are switched on, positive and forward-thinking. We are passionate, innovative and not afraid to come up with new ideas. We take ownership of what we do and we work together to shine as a team.
o Delighted Customers : We value the trust our customers put in us. We care about their experience and we listen to their needs. We strive to build lasting and positive relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
· Confident and Enthusiastic Software Engineer with a passion for Quality and Safety.
· Proven track record in a market leading product development.
· Experience in continual improvement of process and working to ensure best practice in lean, agile software development is followed.
· Support the Embedded Software Team Lead to plan projects and develop junior members of staff.
· Ability to self-manage as part of a team, and have strong organisational skills.
· Team Player, working with internal and external staff and partners at all levels
· Flexibility and able to adapt to change.
· Speak fluent English.
· Strong verbal /written communication skills are essential, with the ability to write technical reports, research papers and patents as required.
· A Further Education Qualification (BEng or above) is desirable but not essential in an appropriate field. Qualifications may be in: electronic engineering, software engineering, computer science, physics or biomedical physics.
Required Technical Experience
· Embedded Linux, Yocto or similar
· MATLAB Simulink with Code Compile
· C, C++
· Python 3
· GUI Development Experience: Qt 4/5 , Crank, Embedded Wizard or similar
Desirable Technical Experience
· TI C2000 TMS320 C28x
· TI Sitara AM35X and AM57X
· Microchip PIC32
· Xilinx Zynq
· LabVIEW / TestStand
· FPGA and VHDL