- To test, calibrate and adjust a wide range of test equipment types on customers premises in the UK and Overseas (when required)
- To follow documented procedures accurately
- To have a knowledge of specifications and measuring units used
- To carry out first line repairs and maintenance on customers premises
- To discuss technical issues with customers
- To liaise with repair staff regarding faulty items.
- To liaise with admin staff regarding customer contact/requirements.
- To carry out calibration work back at base if required.
- To provide detailed calibration certificates
- To source and understand equipment specifications when necessary
- To identify and share ways of improving test techniques and increasing parameters.
- To deliver a best in class service delivery
- To provide the administration team with timely data
- To maintain a professional attitude at all times
- To work flexibly to meet customers’ requirements
- To keep a tidy and well ordered environment at all times
- Obtain product specifications and maintaining a suitable library facility
- Calibrate a wide range of multi-parameter test equipment
- Provide certificate details when calibration complete
- Enter data correctly and update the on-site job system
- Ensure customers requirements are met
- Display a professional attitude when in front of customers
- Synchronise data within designated timescales
- Accurately recording personal activity against KPI’s.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
· Experience within the Instrumentation industry or previous calibration experience in an electrical field.
· Knowledge of Electrical/Electronic principles
· Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Sound mathematical knowledge.
· Knowledge of quality standards/systems
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good self starter with tenacity and drive.
- HNC in electrical/ electronics minimum
- Or demonstrable qualification through experience