Are you a tech-savvy problem solver?
We're seeking an ambitious Applications Engineer to contribute to our game-changing projects. If you're passionate about safety, inspired by innovation and ready to take on exciting challenges, apply now!
This exciting new role plays such a key role in our future success with the following key purpose:
- Support the management of products during the life cycle in conjunction with the category manager.
- Be the internal authority of specific product portfolios and their applications.
- Deliver a strong customer experience by providing product support, understanding the issues that surround the product portfolio and providing resolutions in line with customer expectations
- Provide a high level of product portfolio support.
- Product maintenance: Ensure published product portfolios’ data is current and accurate and ensure the products’ functionality meets their intended purpose of use.
- Product improvement and life cycle product management.
- Produce marketing, sales, and support materials.
- Distributor support.
- Attend exhibitions, workshops, seminars, and trade shows – build a strong relationship with the end user, delivering technical support, and conducting technical presentations.
- Provide online and face to face product training, product application, guidance, and product support internally and externally to customers.
- Liaise across all departments within the company to deliver a valid and relevant solution - ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved in a timely manner.
- Provide analytical data for the product management, engineering, and project teams.
- Travelling internationally, typically 4-6 international visits per year, supporting our global distributors.
- Achievement of personal objectives set by line manager, supporting the overall objectives of the business.
- Achievement of department KPI’s, specifically relating to Unit sales performance and “Customer Experience” metrics.
- Effectively working as a member of the Category Management team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Previous life cycle management experience is desired.
- Experience in providing first and second line product support is desirable but not essential.
- A background in the test and measurement device sector will be considered an advantage but is not a necessity.
- Must adopt a customer centric approach.
- Demonstrates an attention for detail.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner across different levels of a business and to a global customer base.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- IT skills which include MS Office.
A HND, Degree or above in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Competitive salary
- Company Performance Bonus
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Company health cash plan
- Company pension scheme and death in service benefit
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Free food and drinks/free parking
- Team events
- Modern, clean working environment with supportive teams
If you would like any further information or would like to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date: 18th August 2023